Girlie Day Tomorrow

Girlie Day is one of my favorites.  It's not what you think, it's just the title me, Kat, and Lauren use to call the days we can all finally hang out together (3 girls = girlie).  They don't happen often, sadly, somehow 3 schedules don't overlap easily, but we get to hang out, catch up, cook a meal together, and "craft".  Well, crafting usually doesn't happen, but we bring along something we've been meaning to work on, then usually just watch a totally girlie movie instead.  Tomorrow we're having a brunch meal theme- eggs, bacon, potatoes, french toast bread pudding (Kat wants to see if I'll like it, I'm kind of a texture freak), fruit, and I'm bringing some desserts I've been meaning to try out and this is the perfect venue.  I'm bringing Mississippi Mud Brownies, recipe here.  Here is my pan, fresh out of the oven with marshmallows, peanut butter, and icing melting all over the place, mmmm.  (Sorry, I just grabbed my phone and took pictures, I'll try harder next time.)


And I'm bringing a Chocolate Hazelnut Tart.  I've never made anything like it, and I hope it'll be amazing.  Recipe here.  See my attempt below.  I think it looks good, I just hope it tastes good :-)
The best part of baking both of these tonight?  Other than the fact that everything was completely from scratch, it was even my first time making brownies not out of a box?  I got to wear this apron for the first time :-)  Anthropologie, let's hang out.
I know, you're so excited, I can tell.  It's my favorite colors, all in one apron.  It's adorable, and I felt so stylin, even though I was wearing sweatpants under it :-)  And while I was baking, (500) Days of Summer was on in the background.  Love Zooey Deschanel, love Joseph Gordon Levitt, love the music, love this movie.  Can't wait for Girlie Day tomorrow :-)

Popular Posts