Snickerdoodle Bread

Foriz?!

That is the caption Kat put under this bread on her pinterest.

I got involved when she said she had looked for cinnamon chips in every grocery store near her, but to no avail.  I had just recently seen them at my now local store (in my always-hunt for mint chips), so said I would get her some.  Well, who can buy some for a friend, and not get some for herself to ALSO attempt this FORIZ?! bread.

So here's the line-up:

Flour, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, butter, sugar, eggs, vanilla extract, sour cream (I actually used greek yogurt), and the ever-elusive cinnamon chips.

Cream butter, sugar, salt and cinnamon until fluffy. Add eggs and mix well.
Add vanilla and sour cream and mix well.
Mix flour and baking powder in a separate bowl. Add to wet ingredients and mix until all combined.
 It comes together rather nicely (as long as you actually let the butter soften first, which I didn't really do, but oh well, have more patience than I do).

Stir in the cinnamon chips and set the batter aside.

Now at this point, they were supposed to be mini-loaves of bread.  I don't own mini-loaf pans.  So instead of 4 mini-loaves, I made 2 regular sized.  So anyways, put them into your respective pans, and then sprinkle a last bit of cinnamon-sugar mixture over them.
One of the loaves, covered in cinnamon-sugar, ready to go.

I've been kind of out of it recently, not feeling so hot, and one of those blech-sorta-moods.  You know what I mean?  So I forgot to increase the time since these were no longer mini-loaves.  Not a huge deal, just when I checked them at 35 minutes and they were still nowhere near done I almost took them out just because I figured the recipe must know what it was talking about.  Well, needless to say, I luckily came to my senses and kept them in for much longer.

Wish I could give you an exact time, but in my befuddled state, I just kept adding more minutes to the timer until the top looked done but then the inside was still soupy, so I tented them with foil so the top wouldn't burn and...well, maybe 65-70 minutes total?  This was not the day to be conducting science experiments in the oven.  Sorry bout that.

So then the finished product looks something like this.
Check out that cooling rack action.  Who needs a real cooling rack?  Actually, I probably do, but my mom never used one, and you notice how your concept of cooking is often based on what she did or didn't do?  Well,  at least air can move below that burner, I'm calling it good.

Here's the real recipe, if you don't trust me (you shouldn't).  And sorry I don't have a real time if you use 2 regular loaf pans instead of 4 mini.
  • 2 1/2 cups flour
  • 1 tsp. baking powder
  • 1/2 tsp. salt
  • 2 tsp. cinnamon
  • 1 cup butter softened
  • 2 cups sugar
  • 3 eggs
  • 1 tsp. vanilla
  • 3/4 cup sour cream
  • 1 pkg. Hershey's cinnamon chips
  • 3 TB sugar
  • 3 tsp. cinnamon
  1. Cream butter, sugar, salt and cinnamon until fluffy. Add eggs and mix well.
  2. Add vanilla and sour cream and mix well.
  3. Mix flour and baking powder in a separate bowl. Add to wet ingredients and mix until all combined.
  4. Add cinnamon chips and stir into batter. Set aside.
  5. Spoon batter into 4 mini loaf pans until about 2/3 full.
  6. Mix 3 T. sugar and 3 t. cinnamon in a bowl and sprinkle over the batter in each loaf pan.
  7. Bake at 350 for 35-38 minutes. Let cool before removing from pan.
Now slice some onto your cute flower plates, and get super excited about it :-)  Maybe add a little butter to this...
Enjoy!

Popular Posts