Baby Party

I told you I'd been busy, and this is why!  I was hosting a baby party for my friends Kat and Zak!  I tried to take a lot of pictures, but once the party was going, I just went with the flow and mingled instead of trying to document everything.  Mostly I have a ton of pictures of desserts, and not much else, haha.

But that's the important part anyways!

So the week before the party, I was making anything and everything that could be made in advance, or made ready to bake, or made and frozen.
Here are a ton of bellybuttons, ready to bake.  My mom was amazing and sat there and unwrapped all of these Hershey's Kisses and Hugs.  She also made her famous Chocolate Chip Cookies, all with themed M&M colors, of course.
Everyone who came got a party favor of some of these cookies to take home, but there were plenty leftover, so they joined the dessert room.  Yes, there was a room dedicated to desserts.  See first picture of the post.
Look at the adorable cupcake liners my mom found!  Ugh, she is too cute.  I made a lot of cupcake cheesecakes, in these adorable liners.  Then right before the party, put some fruit on the top of each one to make them more festive!
Talk about a surplus of cheesecake cupcakes- they are taking over that huge platter!
Then I made my (soon to be famous) Mississippi Mud Brownies.  I have started making these for many occasions.  See original post about them here.  You make the batter, sprinkle it with chocolate chips, and bake for about 25 minutes.  Right before they're done, heat up some chunky peanut butter in the microwave to make it spreadable, and pour overtop the brownies when they come out of the oven.
Sprinkle mini marshmallows over the peanut butter and put them back in the over for a couple minutes more, so the marshmallows puff up.
While the brownies were baking, I made up this chocolate icing too.  The recipe tells you to use an electric mixer to make it fluffy, but I have just always kept it thin and then just drizzled it over the brownies once they're out of the oven the last time. 
Then you just let the whole thing cool, and you have some fantastic brownies!
My mom made Date Bars, so I don't have any step-by-step pictures of them, but here is a picture to drool over :-)
Then, I also made snickerdoodles, because they're just good, let's be honest.
 Here's my little dough rolling in cinnamon/sugar station.
 And then a ton of cookies, ready to go!
Mmmm, snickerdoodles!
Overall, a pretty good table of desserts!  Complete with a cookie cake.  Can we talk about the cookie cake?
I was told that there would be balloons on the cookie cake.  I think they look like sperms and eggs, which I guess works for the party?  But come on Great American Cookie, those are not the balloons I was promised.  It still tasted fantastic though, haha.

Now on to the few things I took pictures of that were not desserts!  Yay!  I made Pioneer Woman Restaurant Style Salsa.  It was that thin flavorful salsa you get in restaurants, I will definitely make it again.  Here it is before I threw everything into a blender.  It's super easy, and tasted fantastic.
I also made guacamole.  I never have a recipe, but I add enough red onion, garlic, lime juice, roma tomatoes, and salt until I like it.  I don't usually add heat to the guacamole, especially since it was next to such a flavorful salsa, but you could always throw jalapenos in there if you wanted.  Steele and I took one for the team and taste-tested this until it was perfect.  You're welcome.  So, I didn't take a picture of the finished product, but I'm pretty sure I want these pictures as my computer background.  I absolutely LOVE avocados.
I also made these little beef empanada puffs.  They were based on a recipe I have made several times before from here.  I just made them smaller so that everything I served was bite-sized.  I think I will also try to make these using pizza dough, because the puff pastry didn't want to stay in that shape when baking.
 I put them all on cookie sheets, ready to go.  And then I baked them right before everyone got there so they were hot when people were first showing up.
They still tasted great, so who cares if some of them weren't keeping their shape, lol.  Those trays were being devoured before I could even snap a picture!

Not pictured: Chicfila nuggets, cheeses and crackers, hummus, pita chips, spinach dip, many types of veggies and ranch dip, lots of fruit and Kahlua dip.  Then lots of beverages, alcoholic and non.  I was glad people showed up hungry :-)

Then, as mentioned in a previous post, the main activity of the party was that everyone would decorate a onesie.  Most people participated, and got really into it.  There was a lot of concentration going on whenever I went outside to check up on everything.  Here are some action shots of people using markers and fabric to decorate a onesie for Tes.
 There was some serious charretting going on out there, with all the architects focused on their work, and drawing several schemes on the scrap cardboard before really diving in.  It was hilarious and awesome.  Here are some of the finished ones!  Sorry that I didn't get a picture of every one that was done, and some of the pictures of the best ones are blurred, so again, forgive me!  But we had some super artistic onesies ready for Tes to wear in her first year :-)

 Just a little taste of the awesomeness that occurred!

Thank you to everyone who came, and for making the party so fun!

Popular Posts