Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Frozen Yogurt

I saw this originally on Pinterest.  Unlike many people on Pinterest, I am not fooled by recipes like this.  I am not calling this healthy, just because it's frozen yogurt.
Wow, I just typed out a huge rant, but deleted it, haha, I'm not trying to be mean about this, but let's call it like it is.  This is a dessert.  It still had a full stick of butter involved, and really, when you look at the ingredients, we just swapped out some eggs and replaced them with yogurt to turn it from a cookie dough to a cookie dough frozen yogurt.

Ok, sorry, back to the main attraction.  Yes, it is cookie dough in the form of frozen yogurt, and you don't even need an ice cream maker!  It tastes like cookie dough, but creamier and with a slight tang to it.  I promise in a good way :-)
Cast of characters is missing a pretty crucial ingredient, yeah, the vanilla greek yogurt.  Total slip on my part.  But here's your full ingredient list:
  • 1 stick Butter, Softened
  • ½ cup Brown Sugar
  • ¼ cup Sugar
  • 2 teaspoons Vanilla Extract
  • 1 cup Flour
  • ¼ teaspoons Baking Soda
  • ¼ teaspoons Salt
  • ¾ cups Mini Chocolate Chips Or Chunks
  • 1 cup Vanilla Yogurt (I used greek yogurt) 
Make like all the cookie doughs you've made before- cream the butter and sugars together.  Add the vanilla.  Mix in the flour, baking soda, and salt until just incorporated, then mix in the yogurt until just incorporated as well.  Stir in the chocolate chips.
I didn't have mini chocolate chips, so I just used regular.  At this point, the dough tastes like not great cookie dough, hahaha.  Trust me, I tasted it.  So put all of this into a container, and put it in the freezer.  Preferably overnight.
 Close that baby up, and sadly, you have to wait for awhile to get the full effect.
But once the "dough" has frozen, it tastes way better.  It's cookie dough, but in ice cream form- minus the whole ice cream maker thing.  It's pretty delish, I'm not gonna lie!  Try it!  And trust me, you gotta wait for it to freeze, otherwise you're missing out.
Now go make some!  You earned it!

Popular Posts