Forgotten Chicken

I swim in the mornings on MWF, which gets me into work earlier, and I can leave earlier, and then my entire night is free.  I don't have to go to the gym after work, I don't have to do anything but head home and chill.
Well, chill is used loosely here.  These "free" nights end up being the nights I grocery shop, clean the apartment, do laundry, see friends...  Or cook a more in-depth dinner.  One I can reheat for lunches at work, or dinners when I'm feeling lazy.  Or, I can do all of the above, while having a more in-depth dinner cooking away without my help :-)

Another Pinterest recipe, lol.  This is Forgotten Chicken.  It's very easy.  There are 5 ingredients- more if you end up adding veggies to the mix (you know how I do).
You need chicken, cream of celery soup, cream of chicken soup, 2 cups of (uncooked) rice, and a packet of lipton french onion soup.
Mix the rice, condensed soups, and a can of water.  I also added in 2 diced up zucchinis at this point.  Pour that into a buttered (or sprayed) baking dish.
Add the chicken on top (as many pieces as you want/need for dinner).  And sprinkle the soup packet contents on top of all of this.  Cover the whole thing with foil and bake for 1-1.5 hours at 375.
Then go about your evening.  Sort and fold your laundry, dance around to some new songs you downloaded, watch Jeopardy, make a caprese salad, and update your blog.
Or, you know, whatever you wish you were doing instead when you're stuck in front of the stove usually.  Then when the timer goes off, you have dinner all ready!
 Dinner is served!  Dancing around and Jeopardy optional.   But recommended.

Popular Posts