Almond Butter Cookies

I thought I was so smart, so creative, to replace the peanut butter with almond butter.  I bought the almond butter thinking I would use it instead of peanut butter in sandwiches, on toast, as a dip for veggies...  Well, the honest truth is I rarely use peanut butter for any of those things, so I don't entirely know why I needed another version of it.  Oh Wegmans, you can talk me into buying anything.
So anyways, I figured those 4 ingredient peanut butter cookie you see all over the internet would be a great jumping off point for making an almond butter cookie!  I tried googling it, but just kept getting cookie recipes that involved butter (99% of them) and almond extract, or almond slivers, or...you get the point.

It was only after I felt super smart and inventive that I googled " 'almond butter' cookies" and found lots of recipes for pretty much exactly what I "invented".  Le sigh.  I maintain that I thought of it all by myself, even though the internet swears I didn't.

So here's the peanut butter cookie recipe:
1 cup peanut butter
1 cup sugar
1 egg
1 teaspoon baking soda

I decided to "create my own" (again, google will not back me up in inventing this, which is totally fine).
1 cup almond butter
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar
1 egg
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 cup milk chocolate chips
1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips

The dough is quite greasy, thank you almond butter.
And since it was natural almond butter (is there another kind?? hmm), it was quite grainy and made the dough grainy as well.  So I formed it into little balls, and flattened them a bit on the cookie sheet.
The dough spreads a lot, so make sure you have room on your cookie sheets.
The end result is so good.  A mostly crisp/slightly chewy cookie, with a lighter taste than peanut butter cookies- definitely nutty, but that amazing almond taste isn't as crazy dominating.  I think the vanilla extract helps, and the two kinds of chocolate chips gives them even more depth.

So, sorry I didn't actually invent these, but I promise they're amazing anyways :-)

Popular Posts