Williams Sonoma Pumpkin Bars

As soon as the days get chillier, I get so excited for the change in food seasons as well- I want stews, warm baked goods, and cinnamon flavored things.  I even have a new seasonal drink- I switched from my Summer Gin+Sprite to my Autumn Apple Cider+Ginger Ale+Bourbon.  Just mix equal parts apple cider and ginger ale and add however much bourbon you desire.  It's delicious.

And have you set foot in a Williams Sonoma when autumn rolls around?  They have mulled cider brewing, and pumpkin bars baking.  But wait, they let you taste these things too!  I know.  I am totally that terrible person that goes in, takes a pumpkin bar bite and a little cup of cider then leaves.  I feel guilty every time I do this, but it really makes my autumn.  And honestly, I spend plenty of money in Williams Sonoma, I shouldn't feel as guilty as I do.
Anyways, so this most recent visit, I took a bite of pumpkin bar and decided I needed to make these myself this time.  So I bought a jar of the pumpkin pecan butter and didn't feel as guilty this visit, phew.
The recipe is simple and easy to execute.  So gather those ingredients!
-Muirhead Pecan Pumpkin Butter from Williams Sonoma
-1 box Yellow Cake Mix
-3 eggs
-1/2 cup butter, melted
-1/4 cup butter, softened
-1/4 cup sugar
-1/8 cup milk
-1 Tablespoon flour
-1 teaspoon cinnamon
Reserve 1 cup of the cake mix and set aside for later use.
Mix the rest of the cake mix with 1 egg and the 1/2 cup melted butter.
Press it into the bottom of a 9x13 pan.
Mix the pecan pumpkin butter with the other 2 eggs, and the milk.
Until it's all incorporated!
And just pour it over the yellow cake mix crust.
Then take your remaining ingredients (the 1 cup reserved cake mix, flour, sugar, cinnamon, and softened butter) and mix them together.
I probably could have done a better job of mixing, but I was impatient to get these in the oven :-)
And sprinkle that on top of the other two layers, nice and evenly.
Bake at 350 degrees for 35-40 minutes!
Slice it up into little bars.
And eat a couple!
These freeze really well, so if you're like me and shouldn't ever have baked goods sitting on the counter (tempting you)- get them out of your sight line and able to be eaten one at a time instead of five at a time, haha.

Recipe straight from Williams Sonoma:
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.  Reserve 1 cup of cake mix for later use.  Combine the remaining mix with the melted butter and 1 egg in a bowl.  Press this mixture into the bottom of a 9"x13" pan.
In another bowl, mix the jar of Pecan Pumpkin Butter with two eggs and the milk.  Pour this mixture over the cake mixture in the pan.
Stir the reserved cup of cake mix with the flour, sugar, softened butter, and cinnamon.  Mix together until crumbly.  Sprinkle over the top of the pumpkin layer.
Bake 35-40 minutes or until golden brown.  Cut into 2" squares.


Popular Posts