Super Bowl XLVII

Ravens vs. 49ers.  Go Ravens!  It's going to be a very fun game.  I also love that besides a huge football game, it is also about the commercials, the halftime show (finally excited about it again this year, thank you Lady Bey), and the FOOD.  Obvi.
The food can be as simple or as complicated as you want, and I love that!  Order pizza, order wings, open a bag of chips and jar of salsa, or make your own chili for everyone, or frosted cupcakes with the icing in the team colors.  Like for real, no one cares, it's just supposed to be a fun time with friends!
I, for some reason, started a tradition of making bellybuttons for the game.  They are a perfect mix of sweet and salty, and are easily eat-able!  They aren't messy or require any utensils, and they're super simple to make.  So make some for today!  You totally have time, I promise.
All you need are a bag of M&M's, a bag of mini pretzels, and a bag of Hershey Kisses.  However many Hershey Kisses you have determines how many bellybuttons you will have.
So the hardest part of this recipe is unwrapping all of the Hershey's Kisses.  Seriously.  Oh, and start by preheating your oven to 250 degrees (yes, it should be pretty low).
Then unwrap all of your kisses and place each one on top of a pretzel on a lined baking sheet.
Put one sheet of bellybuttons in your oven for 3 minutes.  This is important- the chocolate will not melt down, it will keep it's shape, just look kinda shiny when it's ready.  See?  If you let them go too long, you'll burn the chocolate and it won't be able to be smooshed down.
Now put an M&M on top of each and push down.  This will actually unite the pretzel and chocolate, as well as make it look like a bellybutton!  Oh, and I put these in for 2:30 at first, and when I tried to push the M&M into one, I could tell the center still wasn't quite melted.  So I put them in for another :30 and they were perfect.
And now you already have your Super Bowl snack made!  I'm going to let these completely cool again then throw them into some tupperware and take them to my friends house!  Like I said, easy to eat, easy to serve, easy to make.  So I hope you make these some time soon!

GO RAVENS!

Popular Posts