Reese's Peanut Butter Cup Blondies

The company picnic was yesterday!  Everyone signed up to bring something, so of course I jumped at the chance to bring dessert :-)  There were 3 slots for desserts- chocolate, non-chocolate, other.  Chocolate was already taken, so I signed up for "other" haha, since I didn't know what I would make and wanted to be able to decide last minute like usual.

Well, also like usual, I made two things because I couldn't decide.  I asked some of the guys what they preferred and got equal votes for the two things I was debating, so I made both!  I made blackberry bars (Ben fought hard for those), and these Reese's Peanut Butter Blondies.  Peanut butter and chocolate is such a perfect combination.  For a 95 degree day outside, I preferred the blackberry bars, but these were delicious too!  I'm keeping the recipe around for when it starts getting cooler again and peanut butter doesn't seem so heavy for a dessert :-)

So trust me, these are awesome.  Make them when you want a quick bar cookie to bring to a potluck!
I doubled the recipe below, which was for an 8"x8" pan, and instead used a 9"x13".  (I also omitted almonds that were originally supposed to be ground up with the Reese's in a food processor...)
  • ½ cups Butter
  • ¼ cups Peanut Butter
  • ¾ cups Brown Sugar
  • ¼ cups White Sugar
  • 2 whole Eggs
  • 1 cup Flour
  • 1 teaspoon Salt
  • 1 teaspoon Vanilla
  • 2 cups Mini Reese's Peanut Butter Cups, Chopped
Preheat oven to 350ºF.

In a sauce pan over medium heat, melt the butter and let it slightly brown. Add the peanut butter and stir until it's uniform.

Once the peanut butter has melted in, add sugars and the butter mixture to a mixing bowl. Cream together.

Add in eggs, one at a time, beating after each addition. Once eggs are blended in, add flour, salt, and vanilla and combine.
While mixture is beating, coarsely chop the Reese’s and then add this mixture to the batter. Stir together.

Pour batter into a greased 8×8 pan (or 9x13 if you doubled the recipe like me!). Use a spatula to get the batter out of the bowl as it will be pretty sticky.

Smooth the top with a spatula and bake for about 26 minutes (I started checking around 35 minutes and pulled the pan out of the oven when the center seemed set- wish I remembered how long it ended up taking!).
Have some milk ready to enjoy these!  The 95 degree day did help one thing- these were superb served warm.  The melty chocolate and peanut butter taste was divine.  Next time I'll even add more mini Reese's to have more chocolate in there :-)

Happy June!

Popular Posts