Peach Frozen Yogurt

Ahhhh!  It's been a crazy week.  Month.  Year?  Crazy.  Work is busy (awesome! but exhausting), I'm barely sleeping (but I'm kind of a cat, so I think 18 hours is what my body needs a night), and my blog is suffering.  Sorry peoples!

You know I won't skip swim practice just to sleep more, pshh, that would be too easy!  Also I tend to be more crazy when I don't get my workouts in, so it would end up being counter-productive anyways.
But I bet you thought I had forgotten about these peaches I picked at the farm.  You've seen several blackberry recipes (I even threw together a batch of my blackberry blondies on Wednesday night for the RAC girls dinner), but no peach recipes!
Well, I had pinned this recipe awhile ago, and with it being summer, and peach season, I thought what better time for some frozen dessert?!

3 ripe peaches, peeled and cut into chunks(about 3 cups of cut fruit)
¼ cup honey
2 ½ cups Greek yogurt
I don't know what I expected, hahahaha.  Combine peach puree, greek yogurt, some honey, and surprise!  It tastes like peach yogurt.  Why do I need recipes for this??
But I followed one, intricately.  3 ingredients combine to a pretty healthy frozen treat.
I only had two issues with this recipe (and one was totally my own fault).  One- when frozen, this thing is rock solid.  I guess it's hard to whip enough air into such a dense thing as greek yogurt?  I let it sit out for a good hour before I could even scoop it to photograph!  Ridic.  And two- I totally spilled half of this liquid mixture all over me, the counter, the floor, and into the dishwasher (and splatters everywhere within a 5' radius).  Not the recipes fault, but peach yogurt all over the place kind of put us in a fight, hahaha.  See in the picture above where you can see where the bowl tipped and there is peach yogurt on the rim and sides?  Yup.  I amaze myself.
But, despite needing to let it sit out to eat, and despite my terrible coordination sometimes, this isn't bad.  It's a frozen, good-for-you treat!  And who can argue with that one?

Popular Posts