Almond Lovers Chocolate Chip Cookies

I found this recipe when looking for something to do with almond paste.  I bought it to make a different dessert, and when it came down to it, kept deciding to make other things instead.  And each time I thought about making the other dessert, I kind of wanted to make something else.  I decided a new recipe utilizing almond paste should be picked instead, and after a bit of googling, I found this one!
You know what these taste like?  If chocolate chip cookies and almond spritz cookies hooked up.  This cookie is soft on the inside, with a bit of crunch on the outside, exactly how I like my chocolate chip cookies.  And the almond flavoring is totally amazing in a chocolate chip cookie, something unexpected but totally embraced.

Ingredients:
1 cup (2 sticks) butter, softened
3/4 Cup granulated sugar
3/4 Cup brown sugar
3 oz Pure Almond Paste (my can was 8oz, so I guessed, haha)
2 eggs
1 Tablespoon vanilla extract
2 1/2 Cups all purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
12 oz bag chocolate chips
3/4 Cup chopped almonds (optional)

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.  Cream the butter and sugars together.  Add your almond paste in pieces to make sure it's all incorporated.  Add the eggs and vanilla extract and mix until well combined.
Add your dry ingredients- flour, baking soda, and salt.  Mix in the chocolate chips slowly.  Add the chopped almonds if using.
Line your baking sheet with foil and drop teaspoon sized balls of dough onto it.  Bake for 10-12 minutes or until golden on the bottom and starting to be golden on top.
I elected to not add chopped almonds, and while I think they would be yum, these don't need it.  The soft texture with a bit of bite from the chocolate chips is glorious.  I actually want to try these next without the chocolate chips- a kind of drop spritz cookie. 
The almond paste in these chocolate chip cookies make them something special.  Something to add to your Thanksgiving spread, or bring to your Christmas cookie exchange, or one of the many holiday parties this December.  Enjoy!

Popular Posts