Peanut Butter Bacon Pancakes

Thank you Joy the Baker for once again making my life a better place. 
I was reading one of her more recent posts and happened to see these linked along the side.  How can you see something like that, and just forget about it?  I realized I had all of the ingredients ready to go in my fridge, and I was totally set to make them for the weekend.
Ingredients:
1 large egg
2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
2 tablespoons all-natural peanut butter
1 cup buttermilk (I used almond milk instead, since I had that already)
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
1 cup all-purpose flour
1 tablespoon brown sugar
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
5 slices crisp bacon, cooled and cut into small pieces
butter or oil for cooking pancakes
Mix all of your wet ingredients in a bowl.  Add the dry ingredients and mix.  Add the bacon and let the batter sit for a few minutes.
Heat your pan to medium low, grease your pan with the cooking spray, butter, oil, whatevs.  Add 2-3 tablespoons of batter to the pan and cook as usual.  Keep the cooked pancakes on a baking sheet in a 200 degree oven to stay warm until all the batter is made. 
I thought these were going to be too much.  (Why did I make them then?  Hahaha)  Too peanut butter-y, too sweet, too bacon-filled, just too much for breakfast.  But the peanut butter was very subtle, and the bacon added savory to the sweet pancakes.  I always like the first couple bites of pancakes, then they're too sweet, so these were honestly very impressive.  Once these had some maple syrup on them too...omg so delish.
These pancakes wouldn't be complete without some bacon and eggs.  Oh those runny but scrambled eggs?  That's my new obsession.  You crack the eggs into the pan and scramble the whites while keeping the yolks intact, until the last second.  It's actually a very easy way to make eggs, way easier than poached, and just as delicious.  Mop up the yolks with some toast, soooo good.
I hope you find time to make these pancakes soon, they are totally worth it!  Way better than those "just add water" versions.  Totes.
This breakfast gave me enough energy to go spend a ton of money on a new laptop.  That's right, you're reading this straight from a brand new computer.  Lots of storage, waaay faster, and I've discovered that after 6 years there have been some leaps and bounds in technology... who knew?!  I now have a touchscreen too.  Bah!  I'm such a nerd.  I'm so excited!  I'm still getting used to everything, but I think I'm in love.  Pancakes and laptops.  It's a wonderful weekend.

Popular Posts