Butternut Squash Pie

It's my 200th post you guys!  I made you a pie.  Actually I didn't.  Liz made you one, and I helped minimally (I made the hearts!).  We were a brilliant team.
Are you sick of everything squash and pumpkin?  I'm not!  Sweet pies, savory roasted veggies, I find it to be a very versatile ingredient.  Por ejemplo:
One of my favorite sides for dinner is roasted potatoes, sweet potatoes, and butternut squash.  Cube each, mix around with enough olive oil to evenly coat, salt, pepper, and fresh garlic (or powder, if you don't have fresh!).  Roast for about 40-45 minutes, making sure to turn over once or twice so they cook evenly, at 450 degrees.  They'll get super crispy and delicious and I love them.
Another way to enjoy butternut squash?  In a pie.  It's very similar to pumpkin pie- the spices, the texture...  But butternut squash has more flavor than pumpkin, so it should taste better from the offset!
Liz and our beautiful butternut squash.  PS- she googled a recipe and followed that off her phone, so I really couldn't tell you the recipe we followed.  Sorry...  But google one and go for it!  I'm the best blogger out there, hahaha
Peeled.
Halved.
Cubed.
Opal wanting me to drop something.  Also my shoes rock.
Cubed and ready for the microwave to steam and soften.
Forming the pie crust.
Forming the pie crust into a cat.
Trimming the pie crust instead of keeping it a cat.
Shaping pie crust hearts.
Cutting out pie crust hearts.
Cream going into the butternut squash mixture.
Spices.
Spices mixed in.
Pour the filling into the pie crust.
Like a lady.
When the pie has been in there for about half the allotted time, take out and arrange your pie crust hearts.
Bake for the remaining time.
Let your pie cool before digging in.
Wait as long as you can before digging in.
Cut two slices at a time because it's easier, but also because it's smart.
Dig in to your butternut squash pie!
It's creamy and delicious.  Try it instead of pumpkin if you're feeling adventurous!

Popular Posts