Almond Butter Brownies

Brownies made with almond butter!  I saw these on Pinterest and was totally intrigued.  Sure sure, grain free, paleo brownies, who cares, a caveman would not have eaten these and you know it.  But I do love experimenting with almond butter!  And with a very simple ingredients list, I decided to make these for dinner with Tamir and Kasey!
Kasey made an amazing amazing batch of chili, and I brought these over as dessert!  We all had seconds of the dessert (and Tamir and I had seconds of the chili), which I think says good things :-)  These were fudgy and chewy, had a hint of almond to them, and weren't crazy sweet!  I thought they were delicious!  They might not be what you first think of when you think of brownies, but with more protein and less sugar, it can't be all bad :-)
Ingredients:
1 cup almond butter
1/3 cup maple syrup
1 egg
2 tbsp butter, melted
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/3 cup cocoa powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
Mix up the wet ingredients- almond butter, maple syrup, egg, butter, and vanilla extract.
Add the rest of your ingredients (the baking soda and cocoa powder) and mix!
Pour into a greased 8x8 pan and bake at 325 for 18-20 minutes, or until center is set.  The edges don't get really crisp, so bake for longer if you really want an edge (not me!)
Cut into 16 pieces and dig in!
So delicious.  I almost feel like these could masquerade as protein bars.  No?  You don't think so?  Pleeeease?!
Enjoy :-)

Popular Posts