Kahlua Brownies

Need something a little sweet, boozy, and chocolate-y to start your weekend off right?  These Kahlua brownies are exactly that.
You're going to laugh when I give you this recipe.  You're going to wonder why I bothered to even write it out.
I told you I made these for my mom for her birthday.  Her favorite drink is Kahlua, skim milk, and a bit of crushed ice.  She eats it with a spoon, and absolutely loves it.  She has her own Kahlua brownies recipe, but I don't have a copy of it, and I wanted to surprise her with these and not have to ask for the recipe.  So I did what we all do when we don't know something- I googled it!
Do you know what google gave me as the first recipe?  It's called "Easy Kahlua Brownies Recipe" and involves a box of brownies following all instructions, except you replace the water called for on the box, with Kahlua.  I laughed at first, but their brownies looked really good based on the pictures.  And I totally had a box (or two) of brownies on hand.
  • 1/2 cup vegetable oil
  • 1 egg
  • 1/4 cup Kahlua
This might vary slightly according to your box of brownies, but like I said.  Follow instructions as they are on your box of brownies, but instead of water when called for, use Kahlua.  Crazy easy, crazy delicious (I totally back up their suggestion of using Ghirardelli brownie mix).  And I upped the ante by making a double batch in a 9x13 pan.These are no joke. 
Fudgey, chewy, Kahlua-y... they have it all. 
And they're just a little something extra special to bring the wow factor.  Mix up a batch for a party, or the next time you have a brownie craving, add in some Kahlua!  If you've had a rough week and need a reward, or if you've had an awesome week and want a reward, these are them :-)
I still totally need my mom's recipe for Kahlua brownies, but for now, these will fill in just fine :-)  Enjoy!

Popular Posts