Toasted S'mores Brownies
The Joy the Baker Cookbook, as well as The Cookie Dough Lovers Cookbook (affiliate links). I enjoyed flipping through them, as usual, when I remembered my resolution, and how terribly I was failing at it. I resolved right then to make something amazing to bring to my friend's house for his croquet pre-gaming party the next day. It's Annapolis, of course there's a croquet rivalry while wearing your yachting best. But more on that in the next post!
s'mores brownies, from Joy the Baker. I already had everything on hand except the larger marshmallows, and I thought these would be a huge hit at the party! Recipe below is slightly adapted from the original.
- 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon instant coffee or espresso powder
- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter
- 6 ounces semi-sweet chocolate, chopped
- 1 tablespoon cocoa powder (not pictured)
- 5 large eggs
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 cup graham cracker, roughly crushed with your hands
- 12 big marshmallows, or about a handful of mini marshmallows
You'll have wonderfully toasted marshmallows on top when you're done!