Pizza Party!

I don't know why I don't do this more often when I'm hosting and feeding people!  I had my friends Tamir and Kasey over, because it had been way too long, and we had to catch up!  Hi guys!  Yes, sorry, you turned into a blog post.
I offered to make pizza, and the biggest time commitment for this dinner party was letting the pizza dough rise.  When I got home from work, I pulled the dough out of the fridge (store-bought dough, thank you), divided it into 3, and let each section go to work rising.  I chopped up ingredients, put them in bowls, and put them in the fridge until my guests arrived.
**I made sure I got a picture with this rolling pin front and center, because it's my Grammie's rolling pin!  Grammie now lives with my Aunt Jody and Uncle Ralph, and we've been in the process of selling her place where she used to live by herself.  Aunt Liz sent around an email carefully documenting things in Grammie's house that our family members should request if they wanted.  I mentioned that it would mean a lot to me to have something Grammie cooked with, and Liz brought me this :-)  I absolutely love it, and I don't care if it had cost Grammie $50 or she got it from some neighbor's garage sale;  I just absolutely love the idea that we're using the same tools to create food for people we love!  Thank you both Grammie and Liz for my beautiful rolling pin!**
Then about half an hour before they got to my place, I rolled out and shaped the pizza dough.  Then right before they arrived, each piece got rolled and stretched again.  We picked our favorite toppings and each had a pizza we would love!
The only downfall was one person eating while others waited for their pizza to be ready, but it was quick work.
Ingredients are flexible, but I prepared:
1 ball of pizza dough (I used whole wheat from Wegman's)
1 green bell pepper, chopped
1 red bell pepper, chopped
8 oz. white mushrooms
8 oz. Fresh Mozzarella, diced
2 tomatoes, diced
1 pre-cooked sausage
Pepperoni
Pizza Sauce
Preheat your oven to 500 degrees.  Shape your pizza on a piece of parchment paper, add the ingredients you want, and bake!  I just left the pizza on the parchment paper, placed it all on a cookie sheet, and baked for about 10 minutes (or until the center doesn't look soupy anymore).
PS- Use up any leftover ingredients by stir-frying them and adding an awesome sauce, maybe a little diced chicken too (a la this post).

Enjoy!

Popular Posts