Easy Gluten-Free Brownie Cookies

I took the Labor Day weekend to heart, and made sure to do the opposite of labor.  There was much relaxing, reading, and lounging.  Becky had a bunch of her friends at the River, and was nice enough to let Eric and I join too!  We lounged by the pool, on a raft, on a couch, in the grass, on the pier...  It was so needed and I feel so much better after running myself into the ground these past couple weeks. I'll post pictures soon!
I made a lot of gluten-free goodies to kind of thank Becky for including us: the chocolate chip cookies I posted a few days ago, these, and another round of brownies.  I thought they were all a success, and Becky confessed she had a different favorite each day, so I think they all passed the test!
Ingredients:
1/2 cup softened butter (1 stick)
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar
1 egg
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 cup cocoa powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
Preheat your oven to 350.  Cream your butter and sugars together.  Add in the egg, and the vanilla and mix until combined, scraping down the mixing bowl as needed.  Add your dry ingredients up to the chocolate chips and mix until incorporated.  Fold in the chocolate chips by hand.
Drop about 1-inch balls onto a lined baking sheet, and bake for about 10 minutes.  These are tricky to determine done-ness, since you can't detect a change in color, but when the middles look somewhat set, pull them from the oven!
Also I don't mind underdone cookies, so I'm ok with pulling them out of the oven accidentally too early.
They're definitely brownie cookies- the chocolate takeover of a brownie, but the ease of a cookie.  I loved that they didn't need any special ingredients, and came together very quickly (I made both the regular chocolate chip cookies, and these in one evening).
If you're looking for an easy and delicious and cookie bursting with chocolatey flavor, without gluten, look no further!  Enjoy!

Popular Posts