Peach, Feta, Arugula, Prosciutto and Fig Pizza

I had a pizza party!  Actually, I had a pizza week.  It was delicious!  I'll give you a rundown of all the pizzas that were made, before revealing the best one (see the title for a spoiler alert...).
I made all of these using my awesome new pizza stone, with the oven heated to 475 degrees.  Each took about 8-10 minutes at a time.  I sprinkled a little cornmeal on parchment paper to make transfer into the oven quick and easy, too.

Eric made a dairy free option with sauce, sausage, pepperoni, red peppers, garlic and onions.
I loved a butternut squash and sage pizza I made early on in the week.  Slice some butternut squash thinly, roast it for about 10 minutes in your preheated crazy hot oven mixed with a little salt, pepper and olive oil.  Then layer diced garlic and olive oil, feta and mozzarella cheese, the pre-roasted butternut squash, and in the last minute of cooking, add a few pieces of sage to the top.  A little salt and pepper doesn't hurt things.
Another white pizza with a base of garlic and olive oil, feta and mozzarella- this one added roasted mushrooms and thinly sliced red onion.  Quarter some baby portabella mushrooms and roast them in the oven for about 10 minutes with salt, pepper, and olive oil.
And now we've reached my favorite one.  Fig jam, sliced peaches, feta, prosciutto, and arugula.
Let's see how this baby comes together, shall we?

I still added a little bit of garlic and olive oil as the very bottom layer.  We needed a little savory in there to match the sweet.  I spread a thin layer of fig jam to that and added thinly sliced peaches on top.  I cooked this for about 8 minutes on the pizza stone.
Once out of the oven, I crumbled some feta cheese on top.  The sharp salty cheese would balance the sweet already layered in there.
Layer some prosciutto on top of that- again, the sweet and salty play going on.
And then I put some fresh arugula on top.  I could actually only find an arugula spinach mix at the store, so that had to do.
The sweet fig and peaches, the bitter greens, the salty feta and the delicious prosciutto all come together to make the most amazing pizza.  It's almost dinner and dessert in one.
Could I have added more things to this pizza?  Probably, but I think it was pretty perfect as it was :-)  Enjoy!

Popular Posts