Baconutter Crunch Cookies (Gluten Free)

Eric is not a dessert person.  I know, I don't understand it either.  I find that I bake things for people to show love, gratitude, appreciation... and I can't do that for him!  It drives me nuts.  I make great dinners and always have chips on hand, but baking a batch of cookies and sharing them is sorely lacking in our relationship, lol.  So I set out to create a cookie that he would be silly to refuse.  A cookie so "him" that it would be ridiculous if he didn't like it.
I'm not sure I converted him to be a sweets person, but I did get a "Hmm.  These are actually pretty good." reaction.  Which is all a girl could ask for :-)
At the risk of naming these "boyfriend cookies" and facing backlash about being in the kitchen to please your boy, I enlisted the help of friends and family to help me name these suckers.  We came up with some amazing names.  Do you think I made the right choice with the name I picked?
So I definitely need to share the recipe with all of you, because these cookies are unbelievable.  I kind of can't believe how well they turned out!  And shout out to that easy peanut butter cookie recipe that makes its way around the internet, because it was an excellent base to start with.
Ingredients:
1 1/3 cup peanut butter (I had extra crunchy on hand which worked great, but use whatever you have!)
1 cup sugar
1 egg
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 1/2 teaspoons bourbon (optional if it's not your thing)
5-6 pieces of bacon, chopped into small pieces
Handful of potato chips, smashed

Heat oven to 350 degrees.

Mix the peanut butter and sugar together until well mixed.  Add the egg, baking soda, and bourbon, and mix until uniform.  Stir in the bits of bacon until evenly distributed.

Line two baking sheets with foil or parchment paper.  Roll balls of dough about 1" in diameter and place on the baking sheets.  Press down cookies with a fork (see pictures), and sprinkle potato chips on top.  Press chips down a little to make sure they stick to the cookie.

Bake for about 10 minutes or until starting to brown a little on the edges.  Remove from the oven and let cool for a few minutes before stuffing 4 in your mouth at a time.  Enjoy!

Popular Posts