October Lessons

I didn't bake as much as I wanted to in the month of October, or get as much done around the house that I needed, but I got to spend a lot of time with friends and family!  And here are a few of the lessons that I learned:
 You're never too old, or too young, to enjoy playing in fallen leaves.
I learned that little boys really really like trains, and will pretend their big wheel is the 1 train, headed uptown.  Even if it is bogged down in a leaf pile.
 I learned that little brothers will always want to be doing what you're doing.
And on a related note, I learned that toddlers make a chore take longer than it needs to by helping to clean up the leaves.
I also learned that toddlers really like to be a part of the action, especially when machines and rakes are involved.
 I learned to appreciate the leaves of Fall both on and off the trees.
I learned that brunch is automatically better when you have toast in the shape of the millennium falcon.  I also learned that all guys are excited by this.
 I learned that flower shop trash is the prettiest.
You should always make time for a parade, even if you don't yet know what it's for.
And exploring DC, then laying in the grass beneath the Washington Monument, is the perfect way to kill some time on a beautiful and warm fall day.
I learned that sometimes, a guy wants to celebrate his birthday in the simplest way possible.
And even when running by, you should make time to enjoy the nature you encounter.
I learned that Wes is awesome (I knew that already, actually).
And I learned that sometimes he just wants to push a little further than he's capable of.  Thanks for helping, Patti!
I also learned that sometimes you have to embrace the chaos.
I learned that a large box is still the best toy ever, no matter how old you are.
And I learned dressing up for Halloween doesn't have to have an age limit.
I also learned that friends are awesome, most particularly on Halloween.
I hope you learned a lot in October too!  Happy November everyone!

Popular Posts