CSA Week 2 - Sauteed Snow Peas

I already told you that I learned a lot in just one week of having a CSA.  I learned that I couldn't possibly eat everything if I kept adding a box of pasta into the mix.  So I attempted a new strategy- adding a little oil, garlic, salt and pepper and seeing how much I liked these veggies on their own!  Turns out, I really love snow peas when I thought I didn't care for them.  I credit the garlic ;-)
I added glorious sides of crispy potatoes with spring onions, and poached eggs. This was a super delicious dinner that was really healthy and really filling.  This CSA is going to change my life :-)  Or at least teach me I like more different types of veggies than I thought.
Google will help you find many different recipes for new ingredients, but I think I found the solution for using new CSA ingredients!  Care to join me for some simple sauteed snow peas?
Sauteed Snow Peas
1 pint (or bag) snow peas, larger peas cut in half
1 tablespoon olive oil
2 cloves garlic, chopped
Salt and Pepper to taste

Heat a medium pan over medium-high heat with the olive oil.  Add the garlic and cook for 30 seconds, stirring often to prevent burning.  Add the snow peas, and salt and pepper.  Cook for 5 minutes, stirring often to prevent burning.  Some of the peas will blister a bit, which is good!  Remove from the heat and serve warm.

Enjoy!

Popular Posts