CSA Week 7 - Roasted Green Beans

Guys, I didn't realize just how much of a vegetable rut I was in until I started discovering all of these new veggies I'm totally into!  Perhaps I just need all of my veggies roasted with garlic, oil, salt, and pepper.  I'm definitely not a boiled vegetable person.  So let's add green beans to the list of veggies I'm into!  (Also, at this point, I feel like my blog should be renamed to something about oil, garlic, roast, repeat...)
This was the last week of the Spring CSA (don't worry, I signed up for the summer and fall sessions too), so we were allowed to pick whatever we wanted to total our usual weekly amount.  I am so impressed with how many veggies I can get each week, and I picked some of my favorites for the week.  Kale made another appearance in my haul, tomatoes since they're at their best, peaches, corn, and my new faves green beans!
I like them a little crispy, and roasting them makes them just perfect.  And it means you only need to do a few minutes of prep, then the rest is all hands off!  So you have time to make that awesome insalata caprese...
Roasted Green Beans

1 pint green beans
1 tablespoon olive oil
2-3 cloves garlic, minced
Salt and Pepper

Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.  Line a baking sheet with foil or parchment paper and set aside.

Place the cleaned green beans on the baking sheet.  Drizzle with oil and add the garlic.  Mix around until the green beans are evenly coated and the garlic is evenly distributed.  Sprinkle with salt and pepper.  Roast for 15-20 minutes, or until the edges are blistering and browning to your desired level.

Serve hot!
Enjoy!

Popular Posts