CSA Week 15 - French Radishes on Toast

Don't worry, you don't need a recipe for this.  Buttered bread, thinly sliced radishes, and a little salt.  Breakfast is served!  But you can read through the rest of what I wrote, if you want :-)
Radishes are peppery and kind of earthy.  I tasted one on it's own, and it's pretty neutral until the pepper really hit at the end.
I've never bought radishes for myself, and they didn't seem like something I could roast with garlic and olive oil.  Though after my success with all of the rest of these new veggies, I'm not sure why I doubted it?  Anyways, googling let me know that dipping radishes in melted butter and sprinkling them with salt is the way to go.  An awesome baguette seemed like it would be the perfect addition to this butter, salt, and peppery radish combo.
I've kind of gotten used to two eggs and toast for breakfast (on the days I'm not at swimming- otherwise it's a piece of fruit and a protein bar at work), so I also added two fried eggs to this mix for my lazy weekend meal.  Absolutely delicious, and so easy.
Radishes on Toast

Bread, good quality french baguette or loaf
2-3 radishes, thinly sliced
Butter
Salt

No need to toast the bread if it's fresh, but feel free to if desired or the bread is a day or two old.  Spread with butter, and layer the sliced radishes on top.  Sprinkle with salt and enjoy!

Popular Posts